DIFFERENT TASTE OF HONG KONG
Fri / Sat / Sun
||English / Chinese / Mandarin
||Approx. 6 hours (minimum 2 participants for tour operate)
||9:15am at The Kowloon Hotel's Lobby
Under the skyscrapers and international brands of Hong Kong, there are Taoist temples and Edwardian edifices, secret windows into the city's real living culture. This six-hour tour takes visitors through the hidden facade of Hong Kong, from the panoramic views of Victoria Harbour to the cobblestoned alleys of the Pottinger Street bazaar and Aberdeen's historic typhoon shelter - even taking a peek in one of the city's oldest public housing estates.
Petty Person Beating
Wah Fu Estates
- Rides on Hong Kong's famous transportation systems - Star Ferry, "Ding-Ding" Tram, Walla-walla sampan and the Central-Mid-Levels Escalator.
- Visits centuries-old Stone Slab Street for classic terraced shopping.
- An exploration of local living culture through a special demonstration of "Petty Person Beating" and a trip to Aberdeen Harbour's typhoon shelter.
- Depart from hotel to ride the acclaimed Star Ferry across Victoria Harbour.
- Tour of century-old Pottinger Street (Stone Slab Street) and ride up the famous Central-Mid-Levels Escalator (one of the world's longest outdoor covered escalator systems).
- A trip on Hong Kong's double-decker "Ding-Ding" Tram, which has served the city since the 1930s.
- Special demonstration of a traditional "Petty Person Beating" (Da Siu Yan) ceremony.
- Explore Wah Fu Estates, one of the city's oldest public housing projects and followed by Hong Kong-style lunch.
- Ride a local Walla-walla sampan through Hong Kong's historic typhoon shelter in Aberdeen.
- Tour ends and return to hotel.
Terms & Conditions
- Minimum of 2 participants required for this tour to operate. For 1 participant, please email your request to email@example.com for availability.
- Tour price includes travel accident insurance. Tour participants must provide: 1. Full name in English on travel document; 2. Travel document number; 3. Date of Birth. Failure to provide correct information will result in the service not provided.
- Tour price does not include tips and gratuities to guides, other items that are not included in the itinerary and other service personnel.
- For other terms and conditions, please refer to the page of "Terms and Conditions" below.
Leave Your Comments